Pear for diabetes is a great choice and there are reasons for it. The main one being that pear is high in fibre content, which ultimately works on lowering cholesterol and stabilising blood sugar levels. Additionally, it also helps in managing weight due to the optimum content of water and fibre, which helps to induce the feeling of being full and reducing unhealthy cravings. It’s high in vitamins and minerals too.
Read More : 9 Benefits of Almonds for Men’s Health
Pear for diabetes: What are the benefits that it offers?
Pear for diabetes is an amazing option. We just cannot stress the fact enough. Pear on its own or in combination with various other fruits and foods that are beneficial for diabetic patients is a great addition to the diet. This is true for a variety of reasons. Here are the benefits of having pear for diabetes and why you should include it as a part of your diet:
- Pears are a great and healthy snack option, especially for those between-meals cravings that one gets. One medium-sized pear houses a meagre 100 calories and a punch of 26 gm carbs. Now compare that with your other go-to option.
- Pear is one of the fruits that has a low glycemic index (GI), which is an important tool that determines how carbs raise your blood sugar levels. While other fruits like watermelon, bananas, and peaches have medium GI, a medium-sized pear has a GI score of 30.
- One pear contains nearly 5 gm of fibre. This helps reduce cholesterol and also controls blood sugar levels in the body. High fibre also helps maintain a healthy weight. All of this in turn helps reduce the possibilities of various conditions that may arise due to a person being diabetic, such as heart disease, nerve condition, and more.
- Pear is abundant in nutrients. It contains minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, and vitamins E, C, and K, along with retinol, choline, and lutein.
- Pear for diabetes can satiate your sweet tooth cravings quickly, without increasing your blood sugar level. In fact, consumption of pear brings in a lot of good to your body and systems as a whole.
- Pear also helps fight inflammation.
You can include pear in your diet in a variety of ways. Include it as a part of your salad or eat it as a standalone fruit, pear for diabetes will be an addition to your diet that you will never regret.
Read More : Vitamin D and Diabetes: A Boon for the Body
Pear for diabetes: What about the sugar content?
Pear is one of those fruits which are high in all the right areas: vitamins, minerals, fibre, water. It tastes sweet but poses no harm and does not threaten to spike the blood sugar levels.
Thus, you can lay your doubts to rest. Pear for diabetes patients is indeed a great and tasty option to your otherwise harmful snacking habits.
So, do you need a pear in your life? Well, diabetic or not, you surely need to consume this superfood. Type 2 diabetes often occurs due to various unhealthy lifestyle habits. Maintaining a healthy diet can certainly reduce your chances of getting it.
What are the other benefits of pears that you know of? Do let us know in the comments below.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.